If you own or operate a business and find that your employees seem less than enthusiastic about their roles, it’s time to do something about it. After all, driven and fulfilled employees will stick around longer and work harder.
Nowadays, the techniques of improving employee motivation, morale, and satisfaction are changing. Long gone are the days of motivational posters in the break room encouraging employees to embrace teamwork and challenges. We’ve moved on to better methods.
Curious to know more? Keep reading to learn five secrets about how to improve employee engagement at your company.
1. Improve the Physical Workspace
If you’re focusing on how to improve employee engagement, start by rethinking your office spaces. Here are the main points to concentrate on:
- Add plants. Plants filter toxins, which means cleaner air for your employees.
- Reduce clutter. Piles of papers, busy decorations, and general messes are bad for company morale. Focus on minimalism and tidiness.
- Embrace innovative workspace ideas. Find what works best for your business and your staff!
2. Create Clear Growth Paths
Who would want to stay at a company where they don’t feel like they have room to grow? Nobody, that’s who.
In order to motivate your employees, generate clear growth paths. Make promotions accessible, complete with transparent steps to get there.
3. Survey Software Will Show You How to Improve Employee Engagement
Did you know that software exists for the sole purpose of improving employee engagement? It’s true. And it’s easier to use than you think.
Survey software programs like Employee NPS send out anonymous surveys to your employees. When you receive the results, you can view detailed feedback from each member of your staff. Then, you and your partners can make effective and informed decisions about issues you may have never even known existed.
4. Focus on Appreciation
Each employee at your company deserves equal appreciation. Showing your appreciation will foster a sense of achievement and value, which in turn will boost morale and productivity.
Stumped when it comes to finding creative ways to show that you care? Check out these creative options:
- Give a gift card or voucher that reflects an employee’s interests.
- Send out company-wide email blasts recognizing employees’ achievements.
- Celebrate employee birthdays.
- Plan company-wide trips.
- Give employees extra time off when they need and deserve it.
5. Encourage Health
Healthy employees are happy employees. Make staff-wide wellness a central focus for your company. Here are some great ways to encourage health in the workplace:
- Strive for a 100% smoke-free staff.
- Promote healthy eating.
- Have health experts visit your workplace and speak about good health habits.
- Encourage exercise by creating work sports teams and installing bike racks.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, when it comes to learning how to improve employee engagement, a few simple changes can completely turn things around. And when you focus on your employees’ happiness, amazing things will happen for your company.
Just remember to improve your company’s physical workspace, to create clear growth steps, and to make appreciation and wellness a priority. Utilize anonymous survey software to figure out where you stand and what you need to work on most.
And if you have any questions along the way, contact us. We’re here to help!